Earn 3 points upon purchasing this product.
The brand new COVERT Pop-Up Hook Aligners have been developed as an extremely easy way of creating ultra effective ‘D’ style rigs by combining a preformed D with one of our superb Hook Aligners.
The result of combining the two key elements of mounting hookbaits in this manner and the very aggressive turning action that the Hook Aligner kicker creates, means rigs using these components will react faster and hook more carp.
The unique Pop-Up Hook Aligners can be used with almost any hooklink material as well! This means that you can now use D-Rigs with either coated or uncoated braids or even light monofilaments.
So what’s so good about mounting hookbaits in this way?
The benefits of mounting the hookbait a couple of mm off the back of the hook shank on a free moving hinge, along with a preformed kicker to twist the hook, means when the hookbait is inhaled or mouthed by a browsing fish, then the weight of the hook and the angle created by the Hook Aligner will work together so the hook turns aggressively down into the fishes bottom lip or scissors where it will take the firmest possible hold. These Hook Aligners also ensure that the hook twists effectively which ever direction the fish approaches the hookbait.
COVERT Pop-Up Hook Aligners can also be used to mount balanced hookbaits and bottom baits – they’re not just for pop-ups!
They are quick and easy to use – no need to steam, shrink or shape before use! Just follow these simple steps:
- Mount a Large Covert Rig Ring on the preformed ‘D’ and thread the Hook Aligner onto the hooklink using a baiting needle.
- We find it is easiest with a Braided Hair Needle as it doesn’t catch pulling through the rubber compound used in their manufacture.
- Position the Pop-Up Hook Aligner (as shown on the diagram) by pushing the Hook Aligner up over the hook eye.
Pop-Up Hook Aligners are currently available in C-Thru Green, C-Thru Brown and C-Thru Black (Silt) colours and in 3 sizes:
- Extra Large (XL) Pop-Up Hook Aligners are best suited for use with size 1 to 2 hooks.
- Large Pop-Up hooks Hook Aligners are best suited for use with size 2 to 6 hooks.
- Small Hook Aligners are designed to work with hook sizes 8 to 12 hooks.
BLACK / SILT, C-THRU BROWN, C-THRU GREEN
EXTRA LARGE, LARGE, SMALL